Monday, August 23, 2010

A Thank You Message From Stephanie


First of all, thank you to all that showed up for our Friendship House open house meeting this past Saturday. I have always known that people care(d) about 202, but to see the number of people that showed up was amazing, and re-energized my hope and commitment to 202. 
I loved the ideas that flowed from that meeting and I will tell you the suggestions have not stopped. I continue to receive phone calls and emails about what we can do to help 202 remain the "safe place" that it has been for so many people for so many years. 
I have a few months remaining on this Board of Directors and I will going non-stop to put in place some of the ideas that were given Saturday. The main one will be this blog site and the website for 202. Also, the gift cards, the community awareness and donations through individuals and corporations will be on this to-do list. It has been my hope and my goal that I will do everything I can for the House that saves my life on a regular basis. It is my safe haven, my place of comfort, my home away from home, and more than that...... you are my family.
 
Again, I appreciate the enthusiam and look forward to working with all of you in the days to come. We've got a lot to do and knowing that people are there to helps me to remember...... I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment